Park City Mountain Grants Over $2 Million to Community Programs
Park City Mountain Grant Reception
The Park City Mountain Grant Reception was held December 1st. Over $2 million was granted towards local programs that:
- help families make ends meet with scholarships for day care and preschool
- get kids outside, creating the next generation of stewards and outdoor recreation lovers
- show kids a path to achieve their dreams by providing amazing mentors
- protect areas like Bonanza Flats
- maintain the trails we all use
This summer Park City Mountain's EpicPromise team met with members of the community to find out some of the most important issues facing the greater Park City area.
Through the collective brainstorming the EpicPromise program granted the following areas identified this summer:
- Healthy Families
- Our grant to the People’s Health Clinic will help provide oral and vision health services to uninsured youth in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
- Mental Health
- Our support of the Peace House will offset the cost of one-on-one therapy to children who are victims of domestic violence.
- By supporting Habitat for Humanity and Mountainlands Community Housing, we’ll help meet the affordable housing needs in Summit and Wasatch Counties.
This year we asked you-our employees-to vote on The EpicPromise Kids Award. This award goes to a non-profit that is commited to making a tangible impact for kids of all demographics in the community and is meeting a need that has been identified as critical. The winner for this year's $5000 EpicPromise Kids Award is the Peace House.