Be Safe - Employee Helmet Distribution Policy & Procedure
Employee Safety Alert
Employee Helmet distribution policy & procedure
Vail Resorts Employee Helmet Discount (60%) can be found here.
ALL EMPLOYEES WHO ARE REQUIRED OR ELECT TO SKI OR RIDE IN UNIFORM IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR JOB, MUST WEAR A HELMET.
- NOTE: Employees may select and purchase a helmet on their own, or use a helmet they already own, so long as the helmet is:
Compliant with the ASTM standards;
- Is in good condition; and
- Meets any department specific dress codes (i.e. color).
- Vail Resort Employees are eligible for 60% Discounts on Smith helmets at https://www.smithoptics.com/us/partnerships/vail .
- Any employee who is required to wear a helmet under the Helmet Policy is eligible for a replacement helmet after three years of use or any time a helmet is damaged or not functioning properly.
- IF AN EMPLOYEE IS IN NEED OF A NEW HELMET THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURE MUST BE FOLLOWED:
1. Manager will confirm an employee’s need for a company issued helmet by checking the appropriate box on the
Employee Action Form (“EAF”).
2. Employee goes to HR to get his or her Helmet Voucher/Coupon.
3. Employee redeems Helmet Voucher/Coupon for a helmet at the uniform facility when s/he obtains a uniform.
a. The helmet has a unique identifier to be tracked upon distribution and collection. PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE.
(**The only exception is Ski Patrol)
b. Helmets may be picked up at the Uniform Rooms (Park City Base Area and Canyons Village) starting Tuesday
November 10th when picking up uniforms by department appointment only.
i. Hours of Operation pre-opening: 9am-5pm by department appointment only.
ii. After the resorts are open for the season the uniform rooms on both sides will be staffed from 7-11am.
HELMET QUESTIONS? CALL H&S